Big Red is no more. =(
This car has every available option (this is the Orvis Edition):
- Leather seats (powered both driver and passenger)
- Power windows/doors
- Powered moonroof
- 5.2L V8
- Premium Infinity Stereo system
- Climate control
- Alloy wheels
- Towing package
- Front grille guard
- Tinted windows
- New battery
This was simply the finest SUV money could buy in 1995.
No rust (except for on the towing accessory). I’m the second owner, and the previous owner was my mother, who washed this guy every week, kept it garaged, and changed the oil religiously. Mileage is about 200k (the odometer says 184k but it wasn’t working for a while).
The Kelley Blue Book says this is worth $5230 in good condition. Cosmetically, it’s in better than good condition. Mechanically, there are a couple of known issues:
- Transmission – since this is an all-time all wheel drive car, there is a coupler between the front and rear differentials. This has had a problem for at least the last 100,000 miles where if you are turning tight on dry pavement, the front and rear wheels lock to the same speed and the car will buck slightly. The mechanic told my parents at the time it was something like an $800 repair, so they left it, expecting it to seize completely any time. It’s run for 100k miles like this, so obviously it’s not a major issue!
- For some reason, the trunk latch is stuck. I never had it checked out, but you’d have to get into it from the inside to fix. Perhaps simple, perhaps not.
- The CD player only works occasionally with some CDs – I’ve never tried cleaning it with a lens cleaner; this might help
- The power antenna doesn’t go all the way up any more. Reception in town is fine, so I never bothered trying to fix this.
- One of the fog lights is missing the cover
Despite the issues, this guy runs well. I bought a new car and want it out of my driveway. Come over in this awful weather to see how well this car drives in the snow (I will miss the AWD)!
I am asking $1500 firm. I know this is worth this much, and I’m in no hurry to sell, so please don’t respond to this ad and intend to lowball me an offer. You’re welcome to check it out, but don’t expect me to take less than $1500.
Old school cell phone included. I’ve never used it, but supposedly (even though it has not normal service) 911 still works with it, so I never took it out.